Information and resources available for criminal records in England.

Address of the Disclosure and Barring Service in England:

DBS Customer Services,

PO Box 110,


L69 3JD.

Phone Number: 0870 90 90 811

Email: customerservices@dbs.gsi.gov.uk

The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and the Independent Safeguarding Authority have combined to form the Disclosure and Barring Service – CRB checks are currently called DBS checks.

A DBS check might be essential for:

  • Assured jobs or intended work – like functioning with children, or in healthcare.
  • Applying to foster or take on a child.
  • There are dissimilar policies for attainment of a criminal record confirmation in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Usually, employers aren’t authorized to askjob applicants about spent convictions, but for jobs that require a DBS check this regulation doesn’t apply.

The DBS eligibility leadership lists mostly roles that are eligible for a check. On the other hand, the leadership isn’t inclusive, and you ought to speak to the DBS if you’re hesitant.

If you’re the person being checked – ‘the applicant’ – the owner will provide you a form to fill up in and revisit to them down with documents proving your uniqueness.

You can’t accomplish criminal records verification on yourself.

If you require running a check on yourself, you can excavate up a ‘basic disclosure’ with particulars of any unspent convictions as of Disclosure Scotland (anywhere in the UK).


How do I know if someone from England has a criminal record? | Uk criminal records July 4, 2013 at 6:54 am

[…] some countries you can and in some others you can’t. But the England criminal records are easy to be accessed by the general public provided the intention behind them seeking the […]

How do I know if someone from England has a criminal record? | Uk criminal records July 4, 2013 at 7:28 am

[…] Criminals from England and their activities are maintained as criminal records by the public record department. One who wants to view the criminal record can get what they want by logging into the public record website exclusively for England. For advanced search options they can directly approach the public records department. […]